We look forward to all MYP Students and teachers going off campus today, Thursday 19 Obtober, to serve the surrounding community in a variety of ways. Photos will be posted soon. It's going to be a great day!
SEN Support Services
AISJ offers learning support for students in the Elementary and Secondary school programs who experience learning difficulties. Some of the services that are offered are:
- academic screening and assessments
- classroom observations
- In-class support
- one-on-one and/or small group instruction
- consultation for classroom teachers
- consultation and/or referrals for outside services (speech therapy, occupational therapy, neurologists, school psychologists, optometrists, audiologists, etc.)
- counseling services
Placement in the Secondary Learning Support program that will involve withdrawal from class requires an educational assessment by a licensed school psychologist.
An additional charge, payable to the school, is required for some of the services (see Fee Band's document).
AISJ is committed to ensuring that every student reaches his/her full potential. The Learning Support Department is designed to facilitate this.
Students may also receive in school services from other departments such as:
- Music Therapy
- NILD learning Therapy
- School Nurse Health Screening
These services will be described in their own department policies. All the staff involved in these services attends the LLS team meetings and are part of the team’s decision making.